Nuru International Kenya is an NGO committed to ending extreme poverty in remote, rural areas by offering locally-led training in agriculture, personal finance, healthcare, and education.
Nuru focuses on cultivating service-minded leaders and equipping people with tools and knowledge to lead their communities out of extreme poverty.
Using local income-generating activities, Nuru sustains its work and funds program scaling into neighboring districts – thereby multiplying impact.
Nuru's vision is to create a world where people living in extreme poverty have the choice to determine their future.
About The Position:
The Accounts Clerk will report to the Chief Accountant who assigns them duties based on available work load.
These responsibilities will largely revolve around the day-to-day management of the organisation’s books, accounting and cash/expense management systems.
Responsibilities shall include:
- To ensure received cash is banked intact
- To check cash received against official receipt
- To verify the accuracy of cash received for goods or services received or rendered
- Preparing the bank reconciliation
- Keeping and maintaining the cash books
- To ensure that bank statements and direct credit slips are received from the bank on time
- Ensure prompt issue of receipts in respect of direct credit slips
- Follow up returned cheques
- To ensure proper posting and keeping of books of account
- Ensure prompt posting of the ledger books
- To extract monthly trial balance
- Prepare statement of income and expenditure
- Prepare monthly reports on the position of the ledger books
- Deal with all matters emanating from record keeping
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Chief Accountant
- Passion for Nuru International Kenya’s mission and model
- At least 2+ years of work experience in accounts, preferably within an NGO
- CPA II (Section 3 &4) or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel.
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative.
- Literacy and fluency in English and Ki-Swahili required; fluency in Ki-kurian preferred but not required.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Nuru International is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified Individuals, Please Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their testimonials including resume/CVs and cover letter supported by at least two known references.
Please complete your application in English, include your phone number, and turn it in at our offices / Human Resources Manager in at Nuru’s office in Isibania (see PO Box for mailing information) or email it to email@example.com.
Please outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates or proposals will be contacted.